When you think of real estate investment, images of lofty investment firms and serious business types may immediately come to mind. The real estate market couldn’t possibly have anything for someone like you, could it? As a matter of fact, it’s not as crazy as it sounds. In today’s economy, average people across the nation are investing in real estate and turning them into profitable rental properties. So, why should YOU invest in the real estate market? Let’s take a look at five reasons you should go for it.
- Passive Income. Real estate, especially when it comes to rental properties, is a fantastic way to earn a passive income. Beyond regular maintenance concerns and finding and screening tenants, properties don’t require a lot of supervision. Whether you want this to be your full-time focus or it’s just a way to make some extra money on the side, the real estate market comes with significant profitable potential.
- Tax Benefits. Landlords receive significant tax benefits as property owners. This includes mortgage interest and depreciation deductions, as well as owner and operating expenses. That means that advertising, maintenance, utilities, landscaping, and even amenities such as home offices are tax-deductible.
- Security & Inflation Protection. Property holds its value extremely well over time. In fact, most property appreciates in value as years go by. This makes it the best investment when it comes to long-term security. By this measure, it also protects owners from rising inflation rates. The fact that you can make a passive income from your property is an added bonus.
- Diverse Investment Portfolio. Property is not typically the first thing that people consider when getting into the investment market. Stocks, bonds, and mutual funds are more common in the business world. But having a bit of property in your portfolio will ensure that you’re not putting all of your proverbial eggs in one basket. Diversify to spare yourself in the future!
- Plenty of people dream about being their own boss, but far fewer actually have the courage to try. Real estate investments put you in the driver’s seat. You get to make the decisions and collect the income. With a little elbow grease, you could be a very successful investor.
Talley Properties has over 40 years of property management experience in the Charlotte real estate market. If you’re looking to get involved in investments, we would love to help. We provide our clients with tools and services that make managing real estate investments easier and more straightforward. Contact us today to learn more!